View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #57
engineergcc
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i

Nice job on the 550i rebuild. I am actually in the middle of a similar project on a 2011 550i. Thought I would ask you a question about the front park distance sensors. I likewise had some missing parts when I purchased the car, so it is a bit like solving a jigsaw puzzle. I have the original front bumper wiring harness and have figured out all plugs except for two plugs (one of each side). Each plug has brown and orangish red wires going into them. I have the Park Distance Control option on my car, but do not have the four plugs and wires that connect up to my sensors. Do you know if there is a separate wiring harness that connects the four sensors, and would it plug into the two mystery plugs with the brown and red wires, by any chance?

I also have yellow electrical modules around my hood latch devices on my core support. They have two fine striped wires leading into the yellow plugs (the wires are purple/white and purple/green striped). I purchased a very nice core support from a salvage yard and they cut these wires leading into the plugs. My guess is this is a safety device that warns of a loose hood. I don't have any mating plug wires coming out of the front of my car, so I am not sure how they tie into my car's electrical system. I would love to get a wiring diagram for the 550i, but haven't found anything online. Would appreciate any advice you might have. Thanks, Ken
Appreciate 0