View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #59
engineergcc
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i

550i Rebuild Project

Thanks for the comment on the PDC sensors. I'm still trying to sort out a couple of wires. I have two sets of wires (brown wire + green wire) leading to a plug on each side of the front end, adjacent to the frame rail. I was thinking they might be for my horns. The horn components were missing when I purchased the car. Do you know if there are two horns on the 550i (one high pitch and one low pitch)? If so, are they mounted to the right and left of the radiators? I am thinking the brown/green wires are for the horns, since they are located where I assume the missing horns would be installed. One puzzling point is that I turned the power on in my car and these brown&green wires were hot (~6 volts d.c.). I depressed the horn on the steering wheel, and no change in the voltage. I would not think the wires would be hot with simply powering up the car, if these were horn wires. Thought I would take a chance with you to confirm that a.) there are two horns in the 550i, b.) approx. location of the horns c.) color of lead wires to the horns, and d.) purpose of the green/brown wires if they are not for the horns.

Sorry to bother you with my questions, but as you know it is hard to find info.
Thanks, Ken
Appreciate 0