View Single Post
      08-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #21
bm323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12.2 E92 M3 ZCP; 12.7 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
You are right Pete, I shouldn't believe the online manual, the printed manual, the manual on iDrive, the software on the vehicle, the sales brochure, and the fact that you have a physical toggle switch which should not do anything. The only trusted source of knowledge is your friendly neighborhood dealer.
Well, it is mentioned above that the toggle button does effect change, and different from the shifting of the lever. Why your mention eg the sales brochure?

You may not understand, but HighlandPete is being helpful to avoid forummers misunderstanding the options. Just glance at the thread I posted above and you will see the confusion and the pains plus time taken trying to clear a number of issues. We're not trying to argue for the purpose of arguing.

But I am not discounting the fact that it is of course possible that we are mistaken after our checks. Noone is infallible. My dealer here is not one of a few dealers, they are the sole authorised dealer and I believe they checked with BMW Germany as the material were far from clear [but yes, at that time the manual (which i would not say is entirely clear) was not released yet]. Again, I'm not discounting the fact that we can be mistaken and I don't mean any sarcasm in this.

Last edited by bm323; 08-06-2010 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0