View Single Post
      01-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
premiertuning
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520D

Messages option missing

Hi guys,

Been enjoying my 2012 F10 520D for several weeks now, and covered some 8k miles in it already! Amongst some of the options, I went for the multimedia satnav system with 10" screen..

Strange issue however.. for the first 5 weeks, both my Blackberry and Nokia E72 would pair up with the phone menu and I could see the Messages option which would allow me to listen to my SMS and Emails.

However the Messages option just disappeared one day and nothing seems to bring it back. Nothing has changed on the handsets, and when I took it to my nearest dealer (BMW Bradford), they managed to get my handset to pair up just fine with another F10 but not on mine.

I've tried resetting the IDrive system (hold down Mute for 30 seconds) and that doesn't work either. I've also removed the phones from the menu and re-paired them... i've been through every setting I can think of.. but nothing.

I can only put it down to a software glitch on the Idrive system. I know it might sound like a gimmicky option, but I found the ability to listen to my emails on the move very useful and just meant I had less to do when I got back home or to the office.. Also, just on the principle that a brand new £35k motor should have everything working for more than 5 weeks.. is not asking for too much.

The dealership have been pants really and I've been told they'll get back to me.. couple of weeks on, and apart from a call asking what software levels i'm running on my handsets, nothing since.

Anyone else had this issue, any ideas for a fix please?
Appreciate 0