View Single Post
      03-09-2017, 01:08 PM   #8
t_dawg1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtthree View Post
Good news it is being replaced under warranty.

I actually had a similar snapped spring on the rear. It was picked up at the point of MOT which was after my AUC warranty had just run out.

The dealership had presented a video stating it had been broken for some time. I requested them to make a warranty claim. Initially the dealership refused claiming excess but is was an AUC warranty so no excess applies.

To be honest they never had a leg to stand on as they had serviced the car and changed the rear discs and pads the month before when the car was still in warranty.

I did need to drop them an email to remind them of this fact and that I'd been a loyal BMW customer both new (E92) and second hand with my current F10.

I have read about one other person having a snapped spring in the UK on another forum, but in that instance and mine they only replaced one.
Glad you got it covered free in the end mate. Mine has probably been snapped for a while too but I said it'd only just happened. They have given me a 16 plate F10 as a loaner which is great. The service manager also called later to say they only replace the failed spring and not the other one as this was the standard procedure. He assured me that it would not affect the rear ride height nor handling even though they will be different age wise. I'll have to to take their word for it and see how it goes.
Appreciate 0