View Single Post
      04-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #54
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
I am waiting for these guys to be able to do a full profile update via this method. I'm talking about adjusting simple settings such as close windows while holding lock button on fob, fold mirrors when double lock from fob, close trunk (boot for most of the world) when holding trunk button on fob, unlock doors when engine turned off, unfold mirrors when unlock. All of these are simple settings and since the F10 requires e-sys to program (nobody has leaked it yet), this method would be wonderful. Order up your preferences in a customized disk and away you go. Heading to the dealer, no proplem, just insert the disk, set everything back to stock and nobody is the wiser. Before you leave the dealer's lot you can reset it all back to the way you like it.

A couple of hundred bucks for thsi convenience...you bet!

I guy can dream...
Actually, the car can already do this, I left the windows down the other day and thought damn wouldn't it be nice if I could close it through the remote, so I just held on to the 'lock' button. First, the windows went up by them selves, then the mirrors folded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I guess I find it hard to believe we are talking about $175 is breaking the bank when we all drive $50k-100k cars. To each his own I guess.....
You are right, I was being too cheap.
However, this is still a very questionable hack from a public safety perspective. But every vice is satisfied in this world I guess.

But I do appreciate other hacks which would unlock some of the car's potential at Bmw's expense, rather than innocent pedestrians and other drivers, when the driver's eyes were elsewhere.
Not even Wentworth Miller could get you out of that pickle.
Appreciate 0