09-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
Snapper Chris
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i SE Touring F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelAlvarez View Post

i know that they deliver the same performance, but let me know about the driving feeling. In wich car you feel very well the power ?

Thank !!
I've owned both and currently have the 535i. I would say that the 'd' feels faster in normal driving with a huge amount of low down thrust. It was also slightly more economical - I averaged 36mpg v 32mpg for the 'i'.

The main reasons I changed is that for the low miles that I now do the difference in economy is hardly a factor, especially as in the UK diesel costs quite a bit more. Also diesel particulate filters (DPF) hate short trips and low revs and start to clog up which can be very expensive.

The diesel sound is not really a factor - it's certainly not like a Peugeot 504 taxi if that's what you are worrying about! Most of the time when you are inside the car you would not know it was a diesel. Outside the car you can certainly tell but even then it's not bad.

However overall I think I prefer the 'i' because it's more refined and quite honestly plenty fast enough that you are going to lose your licence if you boot it!

I think if you can, try both and see which you prefer, taking into account the type of mileage you are likely to do to see if the 'd' will save you any money once you have factored in the extra purchase price and the cost of fuel.

What Car? Online has an excellent calculator which will help you work out the costs - http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/petr...heaper-/248139

Last edited by Snapper Chris; 09-06-2011 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Added a bit about diesel noise.
Appreciate 0