View Single Post
      02-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Bamsha
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 535i F10 2011

I come from an E39(2001) 525 to a F10(2011) 535.

I bought it in England and drove it home to Sweden(2000km) so I had gotten used to it by the time i was home again, and sat in my old e39 which I had not yet sold at the time.

So I would say I was in a very good position to compare the two. Ofcourse the e39 was 10 years old and some of the negatives ofcourse come from aging.

Steering:
Yes its light, the servo-motor is really strong. But you get used to it. And when you do, the old e39 steering feels so heavy you wonder if the servo is helping at all(slight exaggeration). I love the new steering. It did take me a longer than I though to adapt to parking with it though.

Engine:
Forget about it, no comparison. But I did upgrade quite a bit from 192 to 306 hp.

Interior:
Like going from medieval to 2011. My e39 felt old inside when I sat in it again.
I also had the anthratcite roof in my old car, and have the standard roof in the new, no issues with it. The quality of everything inside are miles beyond the e39.

Size:
yes its big, and it is alittle trickier to park with it no doubt.

Seats:
I have the Comfort Seats, which are awesome, very comfortable and adjustable. I also felt you sat really low comapred to the e39, the console just towered up around me when I sat in it for the first time. But in the end it feels more cozy sitting low and I dont feel its too low now.

My first reaction was the exact opposite of yours, when I walked away from the first testing I was blown away about how much better this new vehicle was that I just had to upgrade.
Appreciate 0