View Single Post
      04-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
Chims
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Did BMW butcher my leather seat?

Hi Guys,

The local BMW dealership was nice enough to agree to have my seat repaired under warranty, however when I look closely it looks like Frankenstein and nothing like new as I was expecting. It looks worse than before it was fixed, but unfortunately I do not have a picture of before.

The exact location of the issue is on the inside of the drivers seat, where there is a flex (sport seats). The thread started coming loose and I was hoping that it would come back looking like new. Am I too much of a perfectionist or is this to be expected? Supposedly they had to take the entire seat apart to accomplish this, but I cannot stop staring at it in agony, seeing how they tore the original thread holes and did what I believe was a very amateurish job. Am I unreasonable, or is this the best that could be done under the circumstances?

Any input would be appreciated!

PS. To throw salt on my wounds, the car was obviously not handled with care - there were stains from some sort of food on the passengers seat, and some red smudges on the passenger sunshade. Even worse, I have discovered a 2" crack in the drivers side windshield next to the VIN number - this is especially troubling when I was going to have the front tinted in one week. FML...

Thanks, -Chims

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qtgy714mdt...405_152558.jpg
Appreciate 0