01-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #6
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
I must have gotten 3 of those, all 3 ended in the trash immediately. I think the box that it came in was worth more than the stupid print itself. Why does BMW waste their time doing stupid things like this. If they are going to send a gift, sent something useful. My wife got a watch from Mini a few years ago and I got a $200 pair of B&O ear bud from Audi. BMW need to step up in their gift promotion or maybe they should just save a tree and not sent any gift at all.
Wow - how negative, man!

I thought it was a nice surprise. It's not as if they owe anyone a free gift - and it's not even about what it's "worth" ($$ value)... I think it's more about showing that they've recognized that you bought your car because you enjoyed something about its design, and they're sharing a piece of the "inside story" on how that design came to be. Personally, I think that's a lot more meaningful and innovative than a white-labeled watch or something (which, honestly, I wouldn't be caught wearing, either!).

Will this go on the wall? No - but it's a nice thought and unexpected.

As for how BMW is stacking up on "gifts" regardless - all I can say is Audi's only sent me a flimsy 4-ring bookmark, probably worth about $0.35... so, I'd have to say BMW is ahead for me, personally!
Appreciate 0