View Single Post
      12-05-2011, 07:46 PM   #11
Jimefam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550I Msport

I just changed mine two days before thanksgiving as I was gonna drive from Atlanta to Miami and back. Underneath everything was clean and with that cover I would have felt it oily if it was leaking. That gasket thing is crazy but I wouldn't mind watching them drop the oil pan to see how difficult it is. While I'm 95% sure mine is straight burning oil(I smoke enough to make me think this is a two stroke engine) I'm not at all impressed with the tolerances apparently used on these motors. Still aside from it billowing out enough smoke to make people think I've got a blown headgasket I love driving it so we'll see. Oh and since I haven't been beating on it I've now gone 2,800 miles since the oil change and am only down a 1/4 of the way on the bar. Do you drive it rough everyday? I think that is the biggest reason why some burn more oil then others. I always drive in sport mode and routinely take it to redline for the hell of it but I'm gonna see if I baby it(at least more than usual) how long before I have to add a quart.
Appreciate 0