View Single Post
      11-03-2015, 03:46 AM   #31
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

The rear one in my opinion is worth if you worried about parking, in my case I decided it is not worth having due to the auto sun blind in my rear window, hence very little space for a camera.
If you are not worried about parking issues, for traffic accidents (God forbid) the law covers you any way, i.e. if some hit you from the back they automatically at fault.
I do like the Thinkware camera, looks like the Black Vue 650 but with more features, I never liked the BMW one it look like a normal camera sticking to the windscreen, shame they did not go for a small one like Thinkware with the i-drive as the screen to check the recordings, this will being the best integrated option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggle View Post
Front and rear, or just front? I can't decide whether it's worth the hassle of cabling up a rear camera. Any reason you bought Thinkware vs other makes? I might just wire it to ACC and GND and forget about the parking mode. Don't want to risk getting battery warnings every morning.

GSPannu, that GeckoEye looks very interesting, but I don't see much evidence of it in the wild yet. Fingers crossed it appears in UK someday.
Appreciate 0