View Single Post
      01-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
rjm98119
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

How much is the tire & wheel protection right now? I don't remember what it was when I took deliver of my '13 535 in November.

Since you're leasing, Keep in mind (I think/thought) that insurance also covers damage to the wheels themselves. I'm not sure how forgiving your dealer is (mine is super-forgiving), but some dealers charge $150+ for even the most minor scuff. Bend/break it (unlikely, but...) and you're looking at a big bill. So, if you are planning to use the factory wheels, it might be worth it, regardless of what you do with tires, depending on cost.

Also... you on 18's or 19's? Those damn 19" RFT are sickeningly expensive, so if you don't change 'em out, just get the insurance.

That said: I drove 300 miles on my stock 19's and then ditched 'em for a set of Sportline CS wheels with Conti DWS tires (great wheels, not sold yet on the tires) and I am happier. Stock tire/wheel is terrible set up. Will return to dealer with fresh original tires/wheels, as you say. This is what I did in my 2008 335 and was much happier for that last year without the RFTs.
Appreciate 0