View Single Post
      01-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #30
Jimefam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550I Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
Also be sure you get aligned after the rim/tire install. Toe was off on my rears. The fronts were fine, tech states that it was most likely a factory error as usually the rears would not need adjustment with just 14k on the odo. Originally, I was running the GoodYear Excellence RFT's. The front tires probably were good for another 7k and the rears another 5k as they were okay on the outer edges as well as the middle. The left rear however was showing belt cords on the inside. The right rear was starting to wear as well. I am one who is serious about tires, so I was shocked to see that.

I am sure you probably know this, but the ride without the runflats is 10 times better.
Yeah I'm gonna put the springs on at the same time as the rims and tires and get it aligned. As for the ride i'd be happy if it stayed the same since I'm putting on 20's and max performance summers vs grand touring stock ones also their pretty low profile so it may not be that much of an improvement but overall the handling and grip should be much better.
Appreciate 0