View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #9
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

The aux input may sound louder, and even "better," if the device you have plugged into it has EQ settings that are superior to those set in the car. For instance, on my phone, I have the EQ customized. On the 550, I've yet to even play with EQ. Many phones these days may even apply certain EQ settings as soon as they detect headphones (line-in).

I would play with the EQ on the car stereo after you plug in your digital source (USB). I would imagine that USB will absolutely sound the best in the end after some customization via EQ... it's digital vs. the analog source from your aux socket. Bluetooth, while "ok" will never be as good as the other two, I believe, simply because the audio needs to be greatly compressed.
Appreciate 0