Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think in the 80's and 90's things were simpler at BMW... Gone are the days when BMW made it's weißwurst in three different sizes: 3, 5, & 7.

Back in those days... an "iS" meant something and so did an //M. But now we have these never ending Special Edition models - every month from BMW.

I think BMW needs to start listening to its customers more and less to its bean counters and marketing dept idiots. They need to built an affordable sports car for the masses. Along the lines of the 1M, but not limited or hard to get - like it was.

Dack
I don't think that mass producing low cost sports cars is even an option for BMW. They are a small auto company catering to the luxury market. They don't have the orientation, resources or capacity to do high volume/low margin. You're best hope is that the next Mini is most-fun/least-expensive, but even that will never be as cheap as a Toyburu. VW, GM, Ford, Hyundai - these are the companies that might jump into the fray with Toyburu, IF the Toyburu models are a big success. BMW needs to keep its eye on the people graduating from Toyburus. They need to be an alernative to Porsche.