03-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Grabble View Post
Same experience here. And mine has a service pack on it which was prepaid by the previous owner so I assume they would only do the absolute minimum.
Check your service history and it should show you if they are changing it or not.
I bet service pack works out cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTrip View Post
Used to infuriate me with my E39 530i Touring that they'd change the Microfilters w/o asking - dead easy to lift the covers, de-dust energetically and replace in 5 mins ... really only needed changing every 3rd time ....

Can they really refuse to reset the Service Indicator for this ?

Sounds like an excellent idea to leave the Camera running & expose their shoddy working practices !

Its money making scheme. Do you really need to change cabin filter every 15K miles? Come on, UK roads are not that polluted compared to many other countries. And charging £150 for a filter which is hardly £40-50....

re: Dashcam, I was not cheeky. I have dashcam which records if there is any movement when car is parked.

So technician moving in front of my car means, it was being recorded. Good to see how work is done on your car.

Last edited by makkan00; 03-03-2015 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0