bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprooney View Post
I have never said the N55 is better than the N54, but as a guy who have owned both of them and comparing them both in stock form (not counting mods) the N55 is the better engine, as i said in my posts before, it is very clear from the statement that what re impressed the judges was the higher output of the N54T, especially in the M Coupe with the overboost, remember that last year the original N54 was still out there in a couple of cars, so when the N54 competed with the N55 in equal outputs, the N55 got the award not the N54 im just saying that. It would be very strange that when an engine doesnt changes one year you chose one over the other and next year you exchange places. It's also very clear that the engine that won this year was the N54T, the one that was tune by BMW M, not the original N54 with equal output to the N55
It's no use. Everyone who owns an N54 powered car is hung up on the fact that they have two snails under the hood. I'm not sure if it's because they can't wrap their head around the dual-inlet design in the N55, or if they've just got their heads up their asses, but I just decided to let them live in their own world.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0