06-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #87
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
It's no use. Everyone who owns an N54 powered car is hung up on the fact that they have two snails under the hood. I'm not sure if it's because they can't wrap their head around the dual-inlet design in the N55, or if they've just got their heads up their asses, but I just decided to let them live in their own world.
Funny, I was thinking likewise, in mirror image I mean. Let's start: 55 is 1 more than 54, it is newer, cleaner, more efficient, has twin scroll technology etc. etc. all these makes no sense to me, doesn't proove a thing and it for sure was not enough for the judges as well.

At the end, if you like the engine in your car good for you, you could do that without spitting on others; it doesn't need to impress anybody else other than yourself. N55 of course is a fine engine and I personally prefer the N54 under actual circumstances, such a big deal! This can change in the future when they start thinking bigger about that N55 and not just the emissions and so and give it a push it needs. Even BMW M division prefered the N54 when they needed to make a choice for the 1M project or for the Z4is or for the pepped up 335 which is 335is, according to you M divison and other engineers and executives in BMW were also people with their heads up their asses I assume. We all are stupid stupid people including this worthless Award judges.

It would be respectful for some guys to just say that congratulations to N54 for yet another win as it is an important milestone engine for BMW, instead of finding bizarre excuses about why they voted for it and not for your own car's engine. I for sure will be happy for N55 owners when it starts to get more serious and gets more acclaim and consequently wipe some awards too.
Appreciate 0