View Single Post
      06-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #98
bmw22011
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 550 XDRIVE 20111

Hey guys so I'm having a lot of issues with my 2011 BMW 550i X-Drive, I purchased it back in October 2014, the day I purchased it they offered me a warranty of 12,000 miles and the deductible to fix anything would be $50 but the next day they call me and tell me they have to redo the contract because they found out that my car cannot get any warranty because it wasn't a CPO car but I was just too happy to get that car I am a 19-year-old guy and I got it when I was 18 so they redid the contract and everything was good the car had 62,000 miles on it and that 64,000 miles I took it in for service because every time I would back up or drive forward and turn the wheel all the way to the left or right it would make a loud screeching noise it turns out that the front brake pads were worn out so my car had a 60 day warranty and they fixed it for free so after another 4000 miles my car was at 68,790 miles this is when I research recalls on the car because I knew that the car wasn't driving correctly it turns out that it did fall under the customer care package so they checked timing chain and all of the components that Were affected. They replace the vacuum pump, connecting lines, vent pipes, hot film air mass sensor, the gaskets, & the clamp. That same day the text notice my left front axle shaft boot torn and leaking so I replaced it with no problem because I knew that something must've happened when I hit a pothole a couple days before so besides that I have got my car serviced 3 times. The day after they fix the axle right when I pulled it off the lot as I would accelerate it would make a loud clicking noise so I drove it immediately back to the dealer and it turns out that they didn't install it correctly the service record Says**noticed there is a pot type noise that seems to be coming from the left front and when accelerating from a complete stop, it was misaligned spur gears. they removed axle nut and found's spur**gears lined tooth on tooth. they**corrected teeth alignment and torque axle bolt. test drove vehicle for 4 Miles and no noise returned. I also forgot to mention that at every 1000 miles I would have to tough off my car 1 to 2 quarts of oil since I bought it. After the the vacuum pump in all of the parts that need to be fixed my car was good for 7000 miles so at 75,000 miles I found out that my coolant system was leaking the pressure tested the coolant system and found coolant leaking from Turbo cooler lines they removed air intake housing remove exhaust heat shields remove both turbochargers replaced cooling lines installed the new clamps reinstalled all parts in reverse order topped off and blood cord system pressure tested once more no leaks present so that was also fixed. Then at 89,000 miles I noticed noises coming from the front end of the car I paid them to diagnose the car and it turns out that I needed new hydro bearings in the front. They wanted $700 dollars to fix them but I ordered the parts on eBay I fixed it for $100. Don't forget I'm still adding 1 to 2 quarts of oil every few thousand miles even after all of the service. So at 99,000 miles which was on Saturday I was driving to the beach and before I drove to the beach I stopped by BMW to pick up a quart of oil as I was accelerating to pass a vehicle to drive to malfunction light came on in my car shook violently I pulled over to the side near the exit to check on my engine I let it rest for 10 minutes restarted and it's still kept shaking I had a got these messages five times before this but every time I turn my car off it would go away this time it didn't so I decided to drive the car off the exit and I was driving the brakes stopped working it got very hard to push and I got scared so I just let it roll and they literally ran a stop sign because I couldn't stop it so I found a parking and I got my car towed to the BMW dealership on Monday they called me up asking me if I wanted to proceed to fix it it was going to cost $2200 to fix the vacuum pump it turned out that that's the part that failed. On Monday so I told him that vacuum pump was replaced twice before. I have the Carfax of my car and before I bought it I see that they replaced the vacuum pump they also replace the fuel**temperature sensor, electrical fuel pump in tank, fuel injectors, &**exhaust turbocharger was leaking which they fixed. I will attach all Carfax records and service history that my car has gotten. If you ask me it seems like the person who had this car before me give it back to BMW because it was having a lot of issues I see on the Carfax before they sold it to me, that the fuel injectors were replaced, along with the intercooler being checked, feel pressure being checked ,spark plugs replaced. Basically the situation I'm in right now is that BMW call me back on Tuesday saying that the cream case failed and that might have caused the vacuum pump to fail , I have JB4 tune on the car and they were trying to Tommy that that might affect them covering the car without me paying anything but that is wrong because all these problems have been happening since the car was purchased so I feel like they're trying to blame it on the tune but the service advisor and manager are telling me that they're trying to fast to get this situated they had wanted to thousand dollars to disassemble the engine and take apart the camshaft I told him to hold off on that because I wasn't sure what to do the service advisor advised me to contact BMW North America so I told them the whole situation and they told me they'll get back to me two days is now the second day so I am waiting for a response from BMW and BMW of North America I don't know what they are going to do but they told me that they had to send out a BMW technician to the dealership to check out my car so they literally sent somebody special to check my car out which is today now I'm afraid that they're going to try to deny fixing the car for free and also make me pay for disassembly and reassembly . I have not gave them permission to do anything so if they take it apart I’m not paying. But I really need some help regard I am thinking about talking to a lemon lawyer can fix car today but what do you guys think even if they do fix it today should I still claim it as a lemon car or try one more time? It sucks that on Monday they told me that they were going to fix it for free and that he did fall under the customer care package then the next 80 tell me all you know what your camshaft isn't turning because it looks like it was starved for oil when that is not true like I said that same day I purchased a quart of oil from BMW to top off my car I even have the receipt and I also have records of purchasing 12 quarts of oil per box three times before just to keep up with topping it off. So they're trying to tell me that it was starved for Oreo but that is not true at all I feel like they're trying to find anyway to get me to pay for all the repairs I know the tune plays a major role in the car but that doesn't justify the fact that the vacuum pump has failed to repeated times before and now the crankcase is having issues. What should I do has anybody had any issues like this where BMW bought back the car or gave you any sort of reimbursement? Sorry if I may have missed type some things but I did it all through text to speech because this is a very long.**all help will be appreciated
Attached Images

Last edited by bmw22011; 06-09-2016 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0