chrisdoha
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 530d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Originally Posted by YYZ 535 guy
Can confirm that the new iDrive is in the 2013 (535's) and the quick reference guide will have all the details. Windshield has "connectDrive" blazoned on the centre shaded area (an odd thing to do) below mirror, X-Drive badging is now on left trunk lid, Euro Delivery was amazing with a round robin from MUC to Provence taking the KM from 2.7 to 2580! Its now at Bremerhaven port waiting for a ship.

The car was built in approx 40h and complete July 10.
535i xDrive, Titanium Silver with Oyster Nappa & Black headliner
ZCO - Advance Safety
ZCP - M package
ZCQ - Premium Seating
ZHN - Exec package
ZOX - BMW Aps
2VA - Adaptive Drive
4MR - Aluminum Hex trim
5DF - Active cruise control
610 - HUD (such an improvement from my present car)
416, 417 - Sun blinds

Today, I have an owned from new 2008 535XI and the changes are stunning. I liked very much the new iDrive and Navi (USB stick placed in centre console port loaded the EU maps) and the new iDrive is blindingly fast in everything it does. The delivery concierge had to get a technician to start up the Navi due to the USB Euro maps and software needing an authentication code to enter. The young technician was effervescent over the changes and it has a nifty graphical start-up too.

Ride is bespoke as I chose and wonder why all the fuss from some folks. Sport for those Alps and softly softly for our Toronto hellish roads ...and anything in between. Run flats (which I have for winter here in my old car) are just fine and give a superior quiet and smooth ride vs what I expected from reading on the blogs. Took a while to get used to the adaptive cruise - but its a keeper and steps ahead for safety, especially on the hiways. Did not miss the self hugging side bolsters and the new seating with cooling fans are sofa comfy and ever adjustable to what ever fitting you feel you need. The 12h drive from Cannes to Munich was effortless apart from the car wash where I road rashed the rear right wheel .... this is a big car in Europe and I chose the words smallest car wash all of which appear to have you drive onto wheel ramps with rails with sharp lips on either side to stop the car driving off the edge.

All said she's a beauty, quiet and powerful. I have used these forums for years to make my decisions and you have all been a great help both for the 08 LCI and the 2013 5. Hope my post solves the badging and iDrive and prodcution debates.

The Welt tours were very educational especially the 3 series production line. That said each car is built to order with ad hoc right/left drive , diesel and gasoline, 2 and 4 wheel drive cars being mixed in line behind each other - with 90% of work done by blazingly fast robots! Funny that workers can sit off to the side and smoke and are provided with 1ltr of beer a day! I asked about the five series and it is the same; that is each car built to order 'regardless' of country of destination which blew my impression of the old production lines. They do build a few spare shells (unassigned) in case of line failure but the tour guide said that last year out of the 900 3 series built each day (two shift and closed at night due MUC facility being in the city) and that only two cars were identical. Amazing experience all in all.
So this car was completed on 10th July and mine was completed on 4th July, bt for UK... thts just not fair from BMW. Is it not possible to lodge a complaint?
Appreciate 0