Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
2007 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 Bimmer View Post
will this or replacing the muffler with an aftermarket throw any codes/cels/ or engine lights?
Your exhaust flaps are controlled by vaccum, some people said that if there is a vaccum leak( if you dont plug the tube) that it stores a hiddn vaccum leak code...but its all bullshit the dealer cant deny any work for disconecting a vaccum flap. I suggest just asking your service advisor if he knows how to disconec it....if he knows a little bit about these cars, hell tell you that you can unplug a connector in the trunk that disables the vaccum, dont do it without him knowing, because this way WILL store a code.

I know it sounds complicated, but its not: If you want to see what it sounds like, pull off both vaccum tubes on both sides of the exhaust and seal them with a couple of layers of duct tape and then drive around if you like it then just make sure that ou sealed the tube well and then just tape it back to the thing it wa connected to. If you dislike the sound, then take off the tape and clean the residue(it leaves a bit of sticky stuff) and put it back on.

My advice to you: BMW performance exhaust....Im not sure if they have one yet for the 550i? If they dont, theyll have it soon!
Appreciate 0