View Single Post
      08-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
dmunz
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
No, we do not have either the specific tire pressure or temperature display in the states. (other than the new M) What was shown on this thread was the result of a code change on someones vehicle. They hacked the system and were able to activate this feature in the software of the car.

I would like to see BMW do the same throughout their dealership network and make this feature available for those that would like it.
There is a pretty significant thread over in one of the other forums on this code change. Success on getting the TMPS active is hit or miss for no apparent reason (that we can figgure out.) For example, I have a 2012 535i GT and my system had been coded. All I get is the display showing the graphic for the tires with the temp and pressure but no data. There is another 2012 GT owner that has coded this exactly the same way and he gets the data.

We've looked at build dates, tire/wheel size and combinations (RWD v. AWD), F10 v F07 and the data is all over the place. (See the attache pdf for the data we have looked at.)

One of the guys here in Houston asked a local delaer about it and was told that BMW-USA does not activate this option because they are afraid they would get too many service calls when the pressure drops a point or two. That could be smoke.

FWIW
DLM
Attached Images
File Type: pdf TPMS Data.pdf (44.6 KB, 376 views)
Appreciate 0