12-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #10
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrainv23 View Post
Gas lid is now not closing. The part that engages the lid does not depress now. I guess I have more bass than I thought. Quick fix under warranty.
I had the same issue multiple times so I flipped the speakers facing the cabin and ported the box into the cabin through the back seats and put a 1inch thick plexi glass so the sound or vibrations stay out of the trunk and pushed into the cabin. Never had the gas lid problem again but the car hits insane now. This car is well insulated and when my speakers were facing the direction yours are the trunk was violent but the sound didn't tranfer through into the cabin because of how thick the materials of this car are. Now its great. Perfect and my trunk has no vibrations and u can actually sleep back there while the system is cranking due to the 1" plexi glass backing.
Appreciate 0