View Single Post
      10-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #154
tk005x
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc031662 View Post
Interesting development - I had a message today from my service advisor at the dealer and he told me that BMW NA decided to replace the steering column in my F10 - citing that this IS the problem and will be the "end all". Apparently the majority of the EPS is actually on the steering column - the part that effects this problem anyway. So, we'll see how it turns out when I pick it up on Monday. It sorta says a lot about BMW that they're going to this kind of expense to fix it - this is not cheap!

It looks like this thread is winding down - I guess those who had the same problem have found resolution and are content. Good deal.
Actually still have the problem after they adjusted the strut. I didn't get the software update though. Just dropped off my car at a different dealer to see if they can find the problem.

Another annoying problem that I have is when I start to drive on cold starts and turn the wheel I get what best described as a farting/rubbing type noise from the front. Can't really tell if it's coming from the strut/shock. Very noticeable but for some reason not as bad when the car is warmed up.

Other dealer doesn't couldn't find anything but hopefully the dealer I dropped it off to today can fix and solve the problem.

Anyone else get this funky sound on their car?
Appreciate 0