12-14-2016, 09:55 AM   #12
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
I know, no offense taken and I do realize this is a huge first world problem

To answer your question, most of the snow on my wife's car just falls on the window and then stays there. A little bit of snow made it into her trunk and I expect some snow to fall in the trunk. My car has the auto opening trunk and when the trunk reached the vertical position a lot of snow fell of the trunk lid directly into the trunk and a bunch fell on the back window then slid into the trunk. Of course then with all the snow in the trunk opening, the auto close would close but not secure the trunk lid. I'm not sure if the gap between the trunk lid and the trunk opening is a lot bigger on the 5 series allowing this to happen, guess I'll have to check it out.

Guess I'll have to invest in one of those trunk liners or move to a warmer climate.
That makes sense. Usually, I guess I just don't let my trunk open wide when it's covered with snow while I get my brush. I just keep my hand on it so it doesn't go all of the way up.

and SERIOUSLY, get a trunk liner! Ask for one for Christmas or go buy one yourself. With so many electronics stored under the floor, it's just not worth the risk of anything wet in your trunk without one.
DDD311649.00