konasunset
registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i titanium silvr 1/11 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3FXD View Post
Hi All,

A few days ago placed an order for a new F10 520d M Sport in Carbon Black. Then changed it yesterday to Jet Black as Sapphire Black not available on UK M-Sport and Carbon Black is just too blue for my liking under natural light.

Thought I was then happy.

However, been up to dealer this evening to take another look at a few F10's parked up and I think Space Grey might be the colour for this car. Always had black BMW's in the past but Space Grey seems to suit this new five a bit better and brings out the lines on the M-Sport in particular.

Need to decide quickly though as will have to change my order. Thoughts and supporting photo evidence welcome.

Have already checked out a load of pics on the forum but most of them are too close up to make any kind of judgement call - we need some more distance shots here!

Thanks....
Let's see--you're from the UK--rains quite a bit where you live? Want to spend a lot of time keeping your car free of rain spots? Then get black--looks real nice when clean, horrible when rain spots get on it, especially when the car is a little dusty. Space gray is also the same. So I will toss out another color for you to consider. If you want to get a color that doesn't require so much care, then I would go with titanium silver. I was torn between space gray and titanium silver when I was ordering my car. In fact, I ordered space gray because I saw a 535 in that color and loved it. But then after ordering the car, I saw a 535 in titanium silver and was impressed by how it looked in the sun. The curves and lines of the car really stood out. My sales person then pointed out that titanium silver would be easier to keep looking nice than space gray in Hawaii. I've had the car for almost 2 months now and have had to wash it only once. I also have a Lexus GS in dark green and that car always needs to be washed to keep it free of rain/dust spots.
Appreciate 0