View Single Post
      08-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #67
07Z4M4me
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Listen to reason? BMW in Germany know the situation with the Premium wagon market in the USA and I can tell you now that BMW AG are not going to spend millions of euros to reverse a current car to be federalized so it can sell in small handfulls , especially when they have the larger X5.

Why do you think Audi have pulled out and Volvo too? the E-Klasse wagon is not successful especially with heavily discounted current ML-Klasse ahead of a new ML-Klasse this Autumn.

You may say that BMW has lost focus and are losing it but when it comes down to it they know how to operate a business and know when to cut their losses. Do not expect any F11's maybe the next generation but it all depends.
And when BMW realizes the few thousand E61 owners aren't going to buy a 5er GT or an X5 to replace their E61 someday, and instead go buy a Merc E-Class, I assume they won't be surprised, as they have already decided those customers aren't important. Good to know this federalization process is so expensive that such decisions have to be made.

But hey, BMW never makes a bad decision, right?

Then again, the 3-series is getting so big maybe that will replace the 5er wagon in the states....
Appreciate 0