View Single Post
      07-23-2015, 01:17 PM   #35
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw View Post
I agree, except for last part.
1st of all, I just got the M5 9 days ago.
I've had a 550i for 2 years.
The guy who started this thread asked about the 535i and the 550i.
And I gave him my opinion on the 550i N63, N63tu and the 535i.
No one is insulting anyone, I didn't mention what I drive. Because it was irrelevant to the topic. (Just because its in my sig, I get this bashing?)

Lastly I gave my opinion regarding this topic.
I've been on this forum a long time, and have been a big contributor to the aftermarket for the 550i. And the last thing I would ever do is insult anyone especially financially. If it was taken the way, I apologize.
Jesus Christ, no one is saying you're here to insult people. I'm just saying you've probably left a sour taste in some people's mouths here. It's like you're not aware of other people's perspective. You remind me of my rich friend who obviously live in a different world than the rest of us.

He would say things like "Some jerk dinged my R (his R8 V10), what should I do". The rest of us is like "This shop is great!, they'll make it look like it never happened". His respond would be "Why would I do that? I meant should I replace with a Porsche Targa or something like a Ferrari California"
Then the times he asked us why we have to deliver our own dry clean, buy groceries so often or why buy a 550 when you can have an M5 for just $25k more. Yea, we don't think he's insulting any of us, he's just not open minded enough. Even though we're all top 10% in household earning power, $25k is still a big deal and we don't have our own assistant/butler. Hell, even $2.5k is a big deal to me. That's like a week's work.

But the 535 isn't that much slower than a preLCI 550. Its 0-60 and 1/4 times are less than a second behind. In a straight line, the 550 would win. On a windy track, the 535 might edge the 550 due to its better handling. In urban driving, the 535 moves better because its torque comes earlier.
Appreciate 1