View Single Post
      10-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #367
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
Some of you know what I do for living and I have to go to construction site. Now I don't go everyday but every now and then I have to. That's why in the beginning I hesitated to have the large rims and low profile tires.

Today I have to drive to one of the construction sites and bad thing happens. I was not familiar with the roads there and drove into the a site entrance by mistake which are for trucks. There is a concrete speed bump there and when I drove over I heard loud scraping noises. Tried to back up but scraped again so I have no choice but to drive forward. I got out of the car and the entrance security lady told me that I made the wrong entry. No way out I have to drive backward and scraped again. I almost got hung up in the middle of the speed bump where I have to press the gas pedal more to get through.

When I inspected the damages I found the 4 to 5 deep scratches to my bottom protective cover. One of them is even cracked and through the inside. Luckily nothing inside is damaged. My 2 side skirts are also scratched quite deep but at the under portions so won't be noticed unless I run my fingers under. For the 3D front lip, it was scratched a little at the lowest 2 parts since it is quite flexible and could be pushed up with little force. Again can not be seen unless I run my fingers under.

Talk about bad luck, mlai, I am not much better than you.

Lesson learned is the front lip won't scrap easily. Even the bottom and side skirts scraped badly, only minimal scratch to the lip.
A scratch that nobody can see, is it a scratch?
At least you can laugh about it..
I hit my car with a brick but i couldn't laugh about it, but at least i didnt cry
Appreciate 0