07-10-2017, 04:16 PM   #238
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerFST View Post
so BMW never released a non-M LCI perf grill right? I just swapped mine this weekend and I intended to use the black slats with the chrome outer, but discovered that the tabs don't line up between the pre-LCI perf grill and the LCI chrome grill. The pre LCI perf is also missing the weatherstripping on the LCI chrome grill. Note I only discovered this during install or wouldnt have bought the OEM parts. Clearly all the posts i read were pre-lci to pre-lci conversions. so perhaps the taiwan vs oem issue is actually just a pre-lci to lci issue.

I confirmed with getBMWparts that they only carry the pre-lci perf. Is there a euro OEM one we can buy somewhere? the photo on their site actually shows a 10 slat perf grill, but it looks like a euro plate.

I guess now i have to decide between the dual slat non perf LCI M5 grill or just sanding/polishing my chrome one.

Lastly, I removed the torx and did it the "right" way and man was it a PITA. As for the gaps in at the hood and lights, I def had to push the bumper in to get the original washer positions to line up. The holes in the bumper are slotted, so there is some play in the final position of the bumper.
I have a dual-slat w/chrome surround I got from, I think, China. The fit is excellent though it comes without the "gasket". I really don't think that matters...

Name:  IMG_1304_1.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  402.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1303_1.jpg
Views: 1584
Size:  734.7 KB
Appreciate 1
khanyam4801.50