Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvery777 View Post
It's not an error as they extended the services for a few of us until they completely expire next year due to the 3G being shut down.

Just spoke to BMW USA and was told that my vehicle, 2016 535ix, will be one of the 60% or vehicles who will not be getting any further updates or upgrades once the current ones expire in 2022. They said that last time they did it for the 2G going to 3G they had a huge headache since people kept throwing away the gift cards mailed to them and having to track them down and reissue.

This is disappointing since it appears as a lot of people are affected by it. The representative told me that they log all the calls about it, so maybe more of us can call and hopefully be taken in consideration for the 4G upgrade. Fingers crossed!
When I heard the 60% I thought it's a large number as well. And I guess not too many BMW owners cared for the upgrade at that time, this is why they opted for the gift card.

As a side note, this is the number I called: +18008311117
Wait, what was the purpose of these gift cards?

From the way you first worded it, I understood that the gift cards were sent to BMW owners to be used for the 2g to 3g upgrade, like a coupon or ticket to redeem solely for the upgrade (essentially the gc had no cash value and could not be used for any else from BMW). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm confused now since you mentioned people opted for the gc as if it were some sort of consolation for the lack of upgrade. In that case, where's our gift card? Lol
Appreciate 0