jaekeem
BMW Noobie
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 e46 M3 Macan S Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
I'm running 93 octane here in Atlanta.

Not sure of the limits of the JB Stage 1. I have run 6 PSI over stock on 93 octane gas with no CEL or other driveability problems but car seems happiest at 4.0. At the moment it is HOT HOT HOT here in Atlanta, somewhere around 75 degrees in the morning and 95-98 afternoon and humid as hell so the butt dyno seems a little off and I know the power isn't nearly as high as it could be with cooler weather.
I really cant wait to turn up the boost soon, I think it'll be so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSteve View Post
For anyone here who did the install themself, was your MAP sensor plug a pain in the butt to get to? Mine was tucked underneath the back of my airbox, facing towards the front of the car. It wasn't "under a plastic cover" like the install instructions stated. I had to prop the airbox up as much as I could and slide a butter knife under it to undo the stock plug-in. Getting the JB3 replacement plug back into it was a bit of a pain as well. Having small hands would probably help. For a while there, I was pretty sure I was going to have to take the airbox off entirely.

I haven't driven the car as of yet. All I did was start it up to make sure I didn't get a CEL.
AK Steve,

I saw the install for the JB and they had a hard time reaching it too on our cars.

As for the car you will need a few complete pulls for the car to adapt. It took 4-5 dyno runs and 4-5 full throttle passes for the car to adjust to the tune. The more you drive it the more the car adapts to it.

I hopped on the dyno again today at EAS and saw the powerband from the installation day until now and it looks smoother from an already smooth power curve.

All I can say is I'm a believer of the JB you can look at the other tunes out there but I really doubt you can find a smoother install or even smoother powerband. Price definitely does not dictate quality in terms of these piggyback units.

Getting antsy waiting to increase boost on this car

2011 F10 535i | Build Thread | Power Mods & Dynos
Appreciate 0