12-21-2011, 05:21 AM   #21
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaOne View Post
Hi,

Same here with a 2012 brand new 530d F11. The wipers never seems to reach their top speed in auto mode. Sometimes, they don't wipe when they should. Sometimes, it looks like the speed of the car is not (enough ?) taken into consideration.

That makes the automatic mode almost useless and rather dangerous. I'm going to ask my dealer if the sensors can be made more sensitive.

Also I don't get why BMW call this rain sensors / detectors when I have to activate the feature when it rains (and also each time I enter the car). That's is crazy...
I don't understand why if the rain is heavy, the wipers don't go into continuous mode and into high speed mode in a downpour. My 3-series does, and sometimes I think they are far to eager to get to full speed, faster than I'd be choosing it manually.

Seems the sensitivity levels are quite varied across the cars and models.

As to being fully auto, you don't want a wiper to start if frozen to the screen do you? Where would the protection be? I've seen the mangled wipers on a Jaguar, due to not switching off, on shut down.

Auto function yes, but for me, I want to initiate auto functions like wipers. I know where I am and what is on the screen.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0