09-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #7
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Most PnP and I didn't realize this until someone mentioned are lease owners. I haven't heard or been able to demo the Bav's other than the reviews posted here bit there are better quality speakers out there. Heck, u can ditch the rears and leave them stock since they're fills and spend more money on front components.
Yeah that's true. My car is actually financed and out of new car warranty but still have cpo warranty so I'm not THAT worried. The cdt audio speakers are supposed to be good speakers no? Or are there even better that can get loud and sound good? I had them installed before and although they got louder than stock, I wasn't happy with the entire setup and uninstalled everything within two weeks. My installer disconnected the under seats and in their place he put in two 12's running 1500 watts. It didn't sound well at all being that the audio sounded louder but without much midbass. Just tons of bass. I guess best way to explain it is that it was too bright and didn't sound of quality at all. I just want an audio system that is significantly louder than my factory HiFi with added bass and sound quality. In fact, I don't mind the way the factory system sounds except for the lack of volume and how it gets muddy once turned up. I'm pretty sure the bavsound speakers won't be loud enough even with an aftermarket amp. I think I'm looking for something like ~100 watts rms per speaker for the highs.
Appreciate 0