Thread: LPFP upgrade
View Single Post
      12-17-2022, 03:04 PM   #76
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

I grabbed the 295 version. It's the 274 but without an internal check valve. Flows more for the same current draw. Only downside is that you might get a long crank when starting it cold, but honestly it's not really a huge deal since it helps build some more oil pressure anyhow during crank, which is kind of a pro. If it bothers you a lot, could always splice in a full flow check valve somewhere in your fuel line. I just used a brass drift and a deadblow to slowly bang the ring off and on, but a proper tool would definitely make it FAR less time consuming and tiring.

Heads up for those doing the install. I had less than a quarter tank left and it was still almost too much gas in the tank. Thankfully wasn't overflowing, but still needed to really dip your hands into gas. The fuel line that is posted also is too long. Needs to get about a half inch taken off both sides, otherwise the bend is too tall and the hat hits it. I got lazy and didn't want to take out the LPFP, yank off the line, and trim, so I just trimmed the little nubs on the hat that were hitting it. They're not used for anything in our cars as it's just a dummy plug. Other solution is to either source a proper length tube (about 5-6 inches) or get a rubber one that you can trim to length as needed.

Overall a pretty straightforward upgrade.

Edit:

Nubs I'm talking about (see attached photo). Likely used for a second LPFP plug for cars that run dual pumps.
Attached Images

Last edited by Unspec; 12-17-2022 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0