Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBodom View Post
The price of the car has nothing to do with this. It’s the principle.

There are many different opinions on what gas to choose. Some may feel the difference in acceleration and some may not. However, to go through a lease with the idea of ensuring the car will be “equally enjoyable for the next guy” is just an absurd!

Of course it’s the stuff from consumer behavior studies and there is nothing wrong with it!

Every month I choose to pay premium for driving a BRAND NEW car and I use the car as I please NOT as "the next guy" would like the car to have been used. I don’t care about “the next guy”. Lease is not a 36 months community service to babysit the car for “the next guy” so that he can get it a discounted used car price. If a “next guy” wants a nice car he can get a new one or pay to get the used car certified. No free ride.

BMW can recommend whatever they want as long as premium is not required the car gets bare minimum that is required. If it breaks they need to fix it.
This is exactly what I mean. I dont think saving $3 a week is worth the effort for me to get into all this justification and rationalization. I follow the manual, because I am not a automotive engineer. I fill it and enjoy the car.
Appreciate 0