FLOMACKS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60

550 motor update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan View Post
I've been waiting for the info for 2013 model like rest of you guys. Got a call yesterday from my salesperson that 2013 model can be ordered now. We selected the specs and put the order into order bank. Guess what? I got the production number on the spot. There was only 3 allocations opened for my dealer for the July production, which really means the real production starts in June according to my sales guy. According to him, the earliest delivery time will be around late July or early Aug.

The way BMW offers the pkg selections for 2013 really makes the final price to be higher for 2012 since I am forced to select some options that I wouldn't want like: HUD(which comes with the Tech pkg) Lane departure warning (which is bundle with the top view camera) I was going to order 535i but changed mind to 550i after seeing the price for 535i is around 73K and 550i is around 78K. Tough choice for me since I was also considering of ordering the new M5. In the end, I don't think I want to pay to $30K difference to get the similar equipped M5 and opt for the 550i.

Here are my spec:

Alpine White and Black Napa leather
Msport
Premium
Cold weahter
Executive Pkg
Driver Assit pkg
Dynamic Handling Pkg

I got $500 over invoice without negotiation. I can refer my sales guy to members in the Norcal south Bay Area. He is really nice guy to deal with. No hassle

Hopefully he is right about the June building production time and I can get delivery in July!!
Question- Can you confirm that the 2013 has the updated V8 that they talk about in Car and Driver here- http://blog.caranddriver.com/bmw-spr...ries-for-2013/

I'm getting mixed answers.
Appreciate 0