10-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
stevem12t2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkossler View Post
So, to clarify this for the non-technical in the audience (not that anyone here would admit to that):

You have used an iPod touch that is tethered to an external wi-fi source (and apparently, alternatively an USB based tether via PDANet) to be the source for BMW apps and for video playback. Your car, which did not have the 6NR package, was retrofitted courtesy of Patryk. Because we can pair and connect multiple devices via Bluetooth to our F10's, it is possible to handle the "Plugin" connectivity for videos, etc. through the iPod Touch, while handling the "Office" functions through a Blackberry.

Is that a fair summary?

Cheers -

Matty K.
The ipod is tethered using iBluever an app you can download from Cydia if you performed the jailbreaking of the device. The blackberry is running an app called PDANet which allows for devices such as the ipod touch to tether via Bluetooth DUN. There is no wifi signal involved here for that connection. What i mean to say is that if you come into a wifi in range like maybe your home, that bluetooth connection for tethering will be dropped and the wifi will take over from there for the internet.
Appreciate 0