View Single Post
      08-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #40
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by itschase View Post
Steve Jobs didn't die, he was hired by BMW. I'm disappointed that BMW would use basically the same CCC navigation system since 2004 in the 5 series, switch to CIC in 2009 and then sneak another update in for an auspicious year model. Apple may think this is a good business model, but eventually this leads to consumer fatigue - we are too afraid to buy a thing lest it become obsolete in a few months.

Say what you will, but no one buys a 5 series for practicality's sake. It is also about amenities and image - now I'm hesitant to say i'll definitely shop for another BMW in 3 years when my lease it up.
I'm sorry, but it upsets you that BMW keeps improving and updating their cars with every model year? Why? You don't want anyone who buys the same model next year to have more features and content than you do? You should write BMW a letter to that effect. I'm sure they are too polite to write back and tell you that if you want a car that doesnt change from year to year to buy a Lada, oh wait, that company went broke making the same thing every year.
Appreciate 0