10-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #72
Rmitchell248
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
The new i4 turbo is a decent motor. With the new i4 5series I got 37mpg average on a 200km drive with city (20km) but mostly highway at speeds between 110 kmh- 125kmh.

I will say that I'm sad that there is very noticeable turbo lag with the i4. And I think you will see many complaints here about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
The other thing is that if you are driving the 528i i4 properly you will barely ever feel the lag. I stated it as I can see it becoming an issue with people that want to stand on it at 2500 RPM and pass somebody. Downshift a few gears get the rpm to 5000 and put your foot in it and you will eliminate the lag in almost any car that people complain about turbo lag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mit View Post
Here is one real user experience from another guy for the i4 528

Thread #19

" I counted out loud to the salesman and it took over 2 seconds for the power to kick in. "

Better test drive one yourself before putting down the deposit for the 2012 528
the complaints will certainly roll in I am sure of that. As I said in one of my above posts, on your next test drive change the gear before you put your foot in it it definitely helps. The auto trans really makes it feel bad too as it just feels so sloppy on its own.

Buy the 528i with i4 if you want economy and a nice cruiser. Buy 535, 550 or m5 for something with a bit more drivers feel.

Last edited by Rmitchell248; 10-11-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0