02-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5179 View Post
It all depends what you want. H&R lowers your car more than ACS springs do but as far as ride quality I don't think they compare. I have had H&R springs before and the ride was bouncy. I currently have ACS springs on my car and even though they were more expensive my car rides awesome. It feels so solid I love it. I can whip turns with no body roll and the car just feels solid on bumps. I actually think BMW should put these springs in all their M-sport package equipped cars. That's my take. I would go ACS all the way unless you want to go maybe a half inch lower and save some money but with this car I wouldn't cut corners to save a few bucks when it comes to something like suspension or anything else. This is a heavy car and it needs to have solid quality add on's to get it to feel just right and I'm not saying that H&R's suck because I have used them before but I wouldn't on this car.
Well said!

I am not sure where some of the other posters are getting their information from, specifically ACS doesnt drop much, many people have posted their photos including the link in my signature of the drop, the difference is that ACS makes performance of the springs paramount over looks. They do not design the springs so some high schooler can drive around with his mufflers scrapping on mcdonald parking lot speed bumps. You can read all over the forums that many customers who purchase springs like that are unhappy and swap them out, usually ACS.

As far as cost, you spent a pretty big chunk of change on your car, what is 500 - 800 dollars??? This is something that should not be a problem if purchasing a new BMW in the first place, my recommendation is to review the countless threads on this topic, there is a ton of information from all sorts of owners.