Thread: Xhd trans tune?
View Single Post
      02-05-2019, 07:38 AM   #48
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Responding below to the bits that appear to be addressed to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziekxq View Post
1. You are right D1 to D8 on display and S1 to S8.

1. You are right D1 to D8 on display and S1 to S8.
Thanks

Quote:
Not sure what is 205 option.
Option S2TBA is the sport automatic transmission. Option S205A is the normal automatic transmission. I find it a trend that most tuner/aftermarket brands seem to only cater to owners who already have the sportiest factory options on a chassis. e.g. the 550i, or the sport automatic, or whatever. I lived this in my E39 days where I had an inline 6 engine and pretty much everything was for the V8 cars. Ditto with my E90 - it seemed like most things were for the 335i and I had a 328i.

I'd just like to hear that you can put this software on a 205 and see good improvements in behaviour and that 2TB isn't a pre-requisite

Quote:

4. Probably.can be done on custom license, but I want full torque available in all gears so I didnt care to look into that. Pretty sure they set that limit to make car slower vs trans cant handle it. They (BMW) need to make sure all models have different characteristics.
From what I've read I disagree, but I'm not trying to talk any owners out of anything - do what you like with your cars
Appreciate 0