01-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemermal View Post
A quick conversion....UK diesel prices now are around £6.37 a UK imperial gallon and that is around US $9.80. However, the imperial gallon (4.547 litres) is 20% larger than the United States gallon.
US diesel prices are generally less than half of that, but since our refiners make diesel sort of as an afterthought rather than a primary ouput, it gets more expensive in the winter when it is competing with heating oil, which is essentially the same thing. It's sort of a mute point, though, as BMW refuses to bring the diesel GT into the USA, at least for the present.

WHere I live, premium gas/petrol costs about $4.20 now, but varies +/- a bit (It was $3.60 not that long ago before Christmas). Things are creeping up right now based on worries about Iran's threats...

On a trip, I get around 30mpg on my 535i cruising at about 72mph, that's about 37mpg Imperial. We generally can't go as fast as you can, so that helps make a difference, and it is lower in the winter than the summer. One might expect the a/c to load more, but I guess not.
Appreciate 0