View Single Post
      07-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

There are two ordering processes, as I understand it, one to order for dealer pickup in the USA, and another to pick up in Europe at the factory. If you ordered it for normal dealer pickup, I'm not sure you could change it to pick up in Germany. Also, there is a built-in discount for picking it up via the European delivery program that includes shipment back to the USA to your dealer, and duty taxes. The European delivery program discount amounts to about 7% off base price (double-check, as it sometimes varies). I'm considering that, but am waiting for the diesel to become an option - the 40mpg highway rating and good city figures is quite interesting.

Also note, if you order a model, you also have the option of having it delivered to the factory in South Carolina and getting a day's training at the track there. This is available both for normal dealer orders and for the European delivery program (subject to change). If you pick it up there, you get to drive a similar car on the track. They include one night at a nearby hotel as well.
Appreciate 0