View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #93
Micah D. Cranman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Messing over Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince59 View Post
No honestly I think it is definitely ok, because there is difference if you make a parallel connection with two loudpseakers and no capacitors and two loudspeaker one being a tweeter with capacitor.

In the first case (two loudsp in parallel) it works according ohm law and the total impedance changes;

In the second case one loudsp (midrange/full) connected to a tweeter with capacitor in series DOES not affect at all the impedance or resistance value. NO EFFECT AT ALL. I made actual measurement and the total resistance was exactly the same with or without tweeter.

I also have doubt about woofer being in parallel with front speakers because in this case when you fader to rear no sound would come from woofer.
I tested my car and sound is always coming from woofer. The fader has only effect on speakers located on the door. And this makess sense to me. You don't want to lose woofer sound when you fader.

I hope I made myself clear
You're absolutely right -- see my post above about impedance and the impact on the load to the woofer in this context.
Appreciate 0