View Single Post
      02-04-2015, 06:59 AM   #25
gas geyser
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f11

F11 rear bumper removal + oil dip stick?

Hi everyone, new to this sort of thing so be patient with me. Just had detachable tow bar fitted along with dedicated electrics by a great guy who works for an English firm by the name of P F Jones Ltd. I went this way as I couldn't find any info. anywhere on the net. No photo's unfortunately but I will describe as best I can. Undo various screws and plastic rivets to remove mud flaps, remove screw above mudflaps holding top of bumper to body, (near side and off side) remove plastic rivets under rear of bumper, two more screws to go, these attach the bumper to the body and are behind the plastic mouldings next to the rear lights, these appear to be a pretty tight fit and the fitter said to pull up and outwards at the same time aided with a flat plastic tool, once removed you will see the screws on the top of the bumper, once these are out he gently pulled the bumper out sideways from wheel arch to detach from body, (that was a bit arkward), tilted slightly downwards at the wheel arch end and pulled backwards far enough to unplug pdc connectors and then remove from car and store safely. Hope that helps and as ever please be careful if you diy as I can't be responsible for other peoples workmanship. By the way there were no lights removed and all the wiring was carried out at the rear of the vehicle without drilling any holes. Although I couldn't find any info on removing bumper there is stacks of it showing various companies who make the tow bars and the wiring looms. Would I try it myself next time? Maybe, but at less than £550.00 fully fitted, why bother? Oil dip stick-yep-cunningly hidden under engine cover and coloured black to blend in with all that darkness. TTFN.

Last edited by gas geyser; 02-07-2015 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: correcting position of screw
Appreciate 0