G-MAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 528i

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
1985 535i  [0.00]
528i N20 custom dual exhaust and AFE air filter (using any stock/aftermarket exhaust)

F10 528i cars have this right "bucket" compartment that impedes installation of dual exhaust system. Most of 528i dual aftermarket exhaust only have a pipe and tips set-up on the right side (i.e.. Remus, Eisenmann, etc). That being said, I am using a 535i exhaust system and modifying the right bucket.

I highly suggest to prep your car before going to the exhaust shop for the installation. Grab some drill bits, tin snips, and dremel and follow this easy DIY.

PROS:
1. Sportier sound
2. Lighter weight than stock exhaust (even with 2 exhaust cans)
3. Better throttle response
4. Right side bucket still remains
5. Can use any 535i/550i/M5 aftermarket or stock exhaust system, its cheaper too!
6. Looks sexier with the dual rear diffuser

CONS:
1. Had to buy a resonator that acts as a Y-pipe separately
2. Difficulty in taking off the bucket rivets

DIY:

1. Hardware - All purchased from local store. Specs in the picture.

2. Access the right bucket - It is self-explanatory to remove the panels. Remove the luggage tray/battery cover and open-up the interior quarter panel.

3. Drill the rivets x6 - Drill the rivet heads first then use a prying tool to remove the rivets. Use dremel as necessary. Slide out the right bucket aside.

4. Use template for the bucket cover - I used a flat plastic container lid. This material made it easy in cutting the dimensions and hole positions.

5. Try fitment - install the panels without installing or tightening the hardware.

6. Finalized with the tin - Cut it, trim the sharp edges, drill 6 holes, and spray paint. I used an undercoating rubberized paint to protect from corrosion. I recommend using Dynamat to sound proof your work.

7. Install back together

8. It should look like this

9. Now go to the exhaust shop and install your new DUAL exhaust…

VIDEO:

MORE PICS TO COME: Before and After

STOCK

AVAILABLE DUAL AFTERMARKET EXHAUST SYSTEMS (using single exhaust and tips)

M-SPORT CONVERSION and MORE

Last edited by sgt_gman2005; 05-21-2014 at 08:59 AM..
Appreciate 0