10-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #48
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
anybody ever have problems with avantegarde?
Their website says they are manufactured to JWL standards, but doesn't say they are actually sent to Japan for actual testing. A computer can only estimate so much. I was part of a group buy on some RAC wheels on m3Post, which are made by a couple BMW enthusiast. The wheels were computer engineered after the forum agreed on the design.
They then made a wheel and sent it for JWL testing and needed to add some metal to make it stronger after testing was done. There's no substitute for testing. Keep in mind, this wheel was made in one of the best wheel foundry's in Japan. I believe it's where VOLK wheels are made.

Just ask the guy who's COR wheel blew up on the track and his car was riding on his AP BBK!!!

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0