View Single Post
      01-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #36
bickers1972
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 520D MSport

Dear all. Apologies as I have not looked at the thread for a couple of months & was staggered to see so many new issues.

By way of update, my tyres were sent to Goodyear for inspection. The subsequent report confirmed there was a technical fault & I was offered 55% of the cost of replacements as compensation. BMW customer services then agreed to make this up to 100% given the amount of chasing around that I'd had to do. I accepted this however stated that I would not agree to full & final settlement as clearly I wanted to see what wear had occurred after the next 12k miles. The cost of the KDS check was also refunded.

My next service is due next month so I await the inspection report with eager anticipation however I'm comforted by the fact that I changed to Pirelli P Zeros & this problem seems to be mainly affecting GoodYear Excellence.

Finally, I did speak to Goodyear after my tyres were inspected & asked if the tyres were unfit for purpose. They would not commit to an answer & re-confirmed the technical problem with my tyres.

Cheers
Rob
Appreciate 0